Remember your naani or daadi telling you to apply cream and besan to a baby when bathing? This ancient wisdom was not some superstition but based on some very important facts. Baby wash with natural products like gram flour and cream help retain moisture and don’t have any adverse effect on the child. However, in this day and age of adulteration, we cannot rely on these products as well.
So what’s the solution?
Natural body washes for kids!
Why Choose Natural body wash for kids?
• Natural body wash, made of organic products is mild and perfect for sensitive baby skin. Regular soaps can dry a baby’s skin and cause skin flaking.
• Babies or small kids may need mild soaps or baby wash if they have diaper rash, eczema or baby acne.
• Regular soaps can irritate the eye. A mild baby wash is tear-free.
A natural body wash, made of organic products is a boon for the parents. New-age parents are well-read and well-travelled. They are aware of the harmful chemicals used in baby products. Parents are making a conscious decision to stay away from synthesized products.
Best Natural Body Wash for Kids 2021
1. Mother Sparsh Plant Powered Natural Baby Wash
Mother Sparsh has come up with a range of Plant-Powered Products, derived from plant extracts, herbal extracts and essential oils. Natural Baby wash is a part of this product range and it is a perfect choice for a young infant.
Benefits of Mother Sparsh Plant Powered Natural Baby Wash
1. The products are made from certified organic material and are free from harmful chemicals like Silicon, Paraben, Dyes, SLS/SLES and Formaldehyde.
2. The products in the plant powered range have no artificial fragrance and are free from allergens and harmful chemicals.
3. Mother Sparsh Plant powered Natural Baby Wash has a no-tear formula and is safe for infants.
Key Ingredients of Mother Sparsh Plant Powered Natural Baby Wash
• Avocado Oil – Avocado Oil nourishes and protects a baby’s sensitive skin. Natural skin moisturizers like avocado oil can help keep the skin soft and supple for longer.
• Grape seed oil – Skin inflammation is a common problem in small babies and infants. Grapeseed oil with its goodness of Vitamin E can reduce that. It also protects the skin from UV damage.
• Chamomile Oil – Soothing a baby’s skin is important as it is tender. Chamomile’s calming properties act as a natural remedy that soothes the skin.
• Coconut based cleanser – This is a good moisturizer and helps exfoliate the baby’s skin gently while locking the moisture in.
2. Aveeno Baby Wash
Aveeno has a product range called Aveeno Active Naturals, which derives ingredients from nature. It is formulated to provide benefits to the baby. While this is not purely a natural product, it has active natural ingredients. Apart from being a well-known brand Aveeno is a US pediatrician recommended product. It is free from harmful chemicals and allergens. It has a tear-free formula, is hypoallergenic and gentle enough for daily use.
- Tear-free formula
- Gentle for everyday use
- Includes the goodness of oat extracts
3. Goodness.me – https://amzn.to/3eEt0uh
Goodness.me is a brand from the house of Godrej. Focusing on creating organic products, goodness.me is ECOCERT GREENLIFE certified organic product. It has the goodness of Chamomile, lavender, coconut and rose. Chamomile, rose and lavender have soothing properties while coconut extracts prevent scalp irritation. Goodness.me too is pediatrician certified, dermatologically tested, hypoallergenic and cruelty-free.
- Contains the goodness of organic chamomile, organic lavender and organic rose.
- COSMOS ORGANIC certified by ECOCERT GREENLIFE – France
- No toxins, no parabens and other synthetic and harmful chemicals.
4. Baby Dove Rich Moisture Baby Wash – https://amzn.to/3kE3QzQ
Baby Dove is a special baby care range from Dove. Being true to its brand promise, Baby Dove too is mild and pH Neutral. It is formulated with prebiotic moisture for healthy, resilient skin. Baby Dove also contains 100% skin natural nutrients that replenish the skin moisture lost during bath. It is hypoallergenic, tear-free and contains no harmful chemicals or parabens.
- Tear-free formula
- Suitable for infants and compatible with eczema-prone skin
- Ophthalmologist, Dermatologist & Pediatrician Tested
- Hypoallergenic and pH neutral formula.
5. Himalaya Extra Moisturizing Baby Wash
Himalaya is a well-known brand in Ayurveda. Its baby care product range too is derived from natural products. Himalaya Extra Moisturizing Baby Wash hydrates baby’s skin and locks the moisture in. The key ingredients are almond oil, Indian Aloe, Indian Lotus, Olive oil and milk. While almond oil, aloe and lotus moisturize the skin, olive oil and milk nourishes and protects the skin. It is free from parabens, synthetic colours and other harmful chemicals.
- Contains the goodness of milk, aloe, lotus, almond oil and olive oil.
- Provides a gentle bath
- Is good to use in winter.
6. Sebamed Baby Wash Extra Soft
Sebamed is a German brand that has an exclusive baby care range of products. The gentle wash is specially formulated for delicate skin and is dermatologically tested. It is made of botanical extracts and has a pH of 5.5. This extra soft formula with allantoin helps guard the delicate baby skin against dryness.
Suitable for all skin types
Provides vital protection against irritations
Protects skin from dryness.Has a pH of 5.5
Baby care product range manufacturers are realizing the importance of natural and organic products. This is great news for parents as their options continue to grow. I have used some of these products like Mother Sparsh plant powered natural baby wash and found it to be very mild and refreshing. I have curated this list of natural body washes that are available in India currently to help parents of newborns choose wisely.
23 Replies to “Natural Body Wash for Kids – A handy list for 2021 in India with price”
I don’t get all the brands here listed in your post. But I have used Aveeno, and Dove. Mother Sparsh has come up as a strong brand in baby care products.
Kids’ skin needs special care and I am glad you have shared this as such an important list that is going to help many parents.
I have used Johnson & Johnson baby wash for my girls and have a good experience it. in recent time brand, Mother sparsh sounds most promising. I am reading great review about it all across the web.
All these brands are trusted ones and looks promising too. Kids need special care as they have very delicate and sensitive skin.
I had no clue there are so many natural body washes for kids available in India now. This is a great list and I love your review. You made it easy for me to decide
What a vast range of Natural Body washes for lids you shared in this post. I was using Mother Sparsh until now. Definitely can try other brands too.
The list is helpful for new parents to make an informed decision on the baby wash for their little one. Shall share this with my friends too.
You’ve listed out some good baby wash options that will be helpful for new moms. I’ve used some of these and Mother Sparsh is my current favourite.
We too have made a switch from our current baby wash to the newer healthy baby wash made out of pure and natural ingredients.
I really love Mothersparsh products. I am currently using this Mothersparsh body wash for my sons and liked it .
Choosing baby care products require a lot of understanding on the suitability and safety. I’m glad you have listed some of the best here. I’ve been using mothersparsh
When it comes to natural body wash for kids in India, I only trust a few brands like Mother Sparsh, Chicco, etc. It’s nice to see your list as well. There are some familiar brand names on your list and some new ones which is good!
Totally agree Neha, it is so vital to pick the best products for our babies and like you I too can vouch for Mother Sparsh Natural Baby Wash.
This is a very nice list of body washes for babies. We should be very careful while choosing something for kids and this list eases the process.
To select the best quality products for our kids is really important, we need to make sure the products we are using are safe to be used and without chemicals. Thank you for the amazing piece.
When it comes to baby products I choose Mothersparsh. I am using it for the last 2 years and I am quite happy with the products. The list which you have shared is very nice
The body wash is one of the important babycare essentials that most of us parents worry about. I am happy with this roundup post that covers all the good options available in the market for babies. Mother Sparsh is indeed my first choice.
I truly agree that mama sparch is the best of all. My younger one has a very sensitive skin and almost all those I have used have caused some sort of rashes on her. But this is working just fine now.
Kids skin is very gentle and needs proper care and nourishment and hence I trust Mother Sparsh as it’s all natural and plant based making it perfect for their skin.
I like that mother sparsh is plant based. Also that baby dove is creamy like. I find Aveeno products good for those with dry skin. So you have a pretty good recommendation list.
Age old formula for baby bath had so much value and when we find such natural ingredients in the today’s baby products that is truly a blessing. Using baby wash instead of soap has so many benefits and my fav are Mothersparsh and Dabur.
I strongly agree with you Neha as kids skin especially babies and toddlers is very sensitive and so products with chemicals and strong fragrances should be avoided. Mother Sparsh Baby Wash looks thoughtfully made.